Friday, November 21, 2008

Erin's going away

I'm officially the AfricaHope Kenya Team Leader! It's been a hectic few weeks, but I'm settling in. Erin (formerly in my position) has made it back to the US and is preparing for reporting to all her supporters plus working in NMSI's home office in Fort Myers. We kind of switched places!
Here is Erin with our "boss" Tim.

The AfricaHope staff threw a going away party for Erin and bought going away gifts for her. 
(I gave a speech! I found out I was speaking when I arrived that evening! They do lots of that around here). One of the gifts was this traditional Maasai dress complete with all the traditional jewelry. It was a very touching ceremony--Erin has been here with the team for 4 years so saying goodbye was hard.
 

Here is the entire AH gang, all the staff and missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment